Fire strikes East Alamosa home


ALAMOSA — A fire rendered an East Alamosa home uninhabitable Sunday morning.

According to Alamosa Fire Chief Don Chapman, a fire caused a lot of heat and smoke damage at 155 Tinkham Lane, Alamosa, Sunday morning, May 20, rendering the home uninhabitable at this point.

He said he has not yet made a final determination on the cause of the fire, which occurred while the homeowner was gone to church Sunday morning. The fire began near a heater and expanded to some furniture, causing heavy fire damage in one room and a lot of heat and smoke damage throughout the entire house.

Chief Chapman said the house can be rebuilt but will take a while to clean up and restore.

The house was occupied by one person and four dogs. Unfortunately, the four dogs died as a result of the fire.