SAN LUIS VALLEY - Monday the number of active COVID-19 cases in the San Luis Valley was lower than had been seen since the first week of November. This is a great improvement, but the number of new cases is still considered very high. Locally, there were 8 COVID-19-related hospital admissions in the two weeks ending January 23rd, and 14 in the two-week period prior to that. This does not include local residents who were admitted to hospitals outside of the San Luis Valley.
There were 136 known active cases of COVID-19 in the San Luis Valley as of Monday evenu.
Alamosa County - 64
Conejos County - 20
Costilla County - 4
Mineral County - 5
Rio Grande County - 40
Saguache County - 3
COVID-19 vaccination providers are currently able to serve frontline healthcare workers and first responders, and those age 70 and over. Individuals who are interested in receiving a vaccine may call or sign up online with one of the providers below. This will put you on a list to receive information as it becomes available as to when the vaccine will be administered to different groups. This is not a guarantee for a vaccine, but does help us gather information and plan.
• .Rio Grande Hospital - (719) 657-2418 or https://riograndehospital.org/
• SLV Health - (719) 587-1355 or https://www.sanluisvalleyhealth.org/
• Valley Wide Health Systems - (719) 587-9610
• Alamosa County Public Health - (719) 589-6639 or online form
• Conejos County Public Health - 719-274-4307 or online form
• Costilla County Public Health - (719) 672-3332 or https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/costillacounty
• Silver Thread Public Health - (719) 658-2416 or http://www.silverthreadpublichealth.org
• Rio Grande County Public Health - (719) 657-3352 or https://www.riograndecounty.org/public-health
• Saguache County Public Health - 719-655-2533 or https://www.saguachecounty.net/index.php/public-health-home