Don’t let the March winds keep you from enjoying all that the Alamosa Senior Citizens have to offer! Health, wellness and lots of fun are on the schedule.
The following activities are scheduled to take place in March:
- 8:30 am Coffee Club. Come in for a cup of hot coffee and conversation.
- Dime Bingo, M-Th from 1 pm-3 pm. Free to members and $2 for non-members.
- Line Dancing taught by Karen Stills takes place each Tuesday morning at 10 am. (9:30 for beginners or if you want a refresher course on the steps!)
- Strong Bones Exercise Class - M, W & F from 9-9:45 am. This program is geared specifically for women to help keep osteoporosis at bay and improve circulation.
- Bridge - Wednesdays @ 1:30 pm
- Dominoes - Fridays @ 12:30 pm
- Chair Yoga - Fridays @ 10 am
- Each Wednesday beginning @ 10:30 am Rick Wertz of Sunshine Acupuncture, will hold a Free 5 point ear acupuncture clinic for those 50 and over. This type of treatment has proven to be powerful in alleviating stress, sleep problems, and anxiety as well as promoting mental clarity, memory and energy.
- Thursday, March 9th join the seniors as we depart from the center at 9:30 am and journey to Milagros Coffeehouse where we will enjoy a muffin and coffee. From there we will stop at the San Luis Valley Museum for a tour. Cost for the excursion is $5 all inclusive! Call the center to reserve your spot.
- Thursday, March 9th the Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group meets here at the Center @ 11 am.
- Friday March 10th @ 1 pm, Linda Falkenthal will continue to teach us how to use Smart Phones and Tablets. Please call the Center to sign up if you are interested in attending. She is also available on Fridays for individual sessions from 11 am – 12 pm. Please call the center (719-589-3277) to schedule your appointment. The next individual appointment time available is 3/10/17.
- Monday March 13th & 27th @ 1:30 pm Rick Wertz of Sunshine Acupuncture, will hold a Free 5 point ear acupuncture clinic for veterans & their immediate family members. This type of treatment has proven to be powerful in alleviating stress, sleep problems, and anxiety as well as promoting mental clarity, memory and energy.
- Monday March 13th meet here at the Senior Center @ 6 p.m. as the Alamosa Senior Citizens join with the San Luis Valley Care Center to offer Monday night bingo!
- Monday, March 20th join us @ 10:30 a.m. as we continue the “Stepping On” class. This is a 7 week small group class using adult education principles that build older adults’ confidence in their ability to reduce falls. Our instructor is Julie Ramstetter. The first class was amazing! Thanks Julie!
- Tuesday, March 21st the seniors will head out to Camel Rock Casino! The cost is $25 and we leave the center at 8 a.m.! Seating is limited so call soon to make your reservation.
- We provide free transportation (but appreciate your donations) M-F between 8:30 a.m. & 1 p.m. for seniors at least 60 years of age. Please phone in your reservations to the center office at least 24 hours in advance. For your convenience, you may schedule several trips at a time.
- The Alamosa Senior Pool players are upgrading their pool tables. If you would like to make a donation (equipment or monetary) please call the Center. To those who have already made generous donations, thank you!
- It’s never too early to get your name on the list for the Branson Holiday Extravaganza the seniors have lined up! We will depart the center on November 11th and return on the 19th. Call for more details!
Please call 719-589-3277 for information regarding membership and/or programs. We are located at 92 Colorado Ave in Alamosa. Hours of operation are: M-Th 8 am-3 pm & Fridays 8 am-2 pm. In case of inclement weather, please call the center for information regarding a late opening or closure of the facility.