BLANCA — A benefit concert to help the Rivera family with expenses associated with little 7-year old Ezequiel’s treatment for a brain tumor will be held on Sunday, April 23, at 6 p.m. in the auditorium of the Blanca/Fort Garland Sierra Grande School.
Ezequiel is facing several months of trips to Children’s Hospital in Denver. More information about Ezequiel can be found at gofundme.com: Eze Rivera Ongoing Medical Fund.
Several local performers will be joining forces to present a variety of music. Featured at the concert will be:
• Broadway veteran Corliss Taylor-Dunn joined by Virginia Drake, Christine Gydesen and pianist Randy D. Macy will perform several selections from the November 2016 “100 Years of Broadway” show at Society Hall. Iava Williams will also join Corliss with a Broadway number performed at the 2016 “Concert of Carols”.
• San Luis Valley Theatre Company – Roscoe and friends.
• Justified Unplugged – Mike and Darlene Jordan & Joey Gallegos.
• Sonny & Arlene McAdams
• Bob & Sandy Johnson from “Mr. Bob & the G Strings”
• River’s Edge – Christine Gydesen & River Burt
A custom, wood-framed mirror (value $300) and a custom hardwood cutting board (value $100) will be raffled off at the concert. Raffle tickets for the mirror are $10 and the cutting board $5. Raffle tickets can be purchased at the concert or at several Fort Garland businesses the week prior to the concert. Door prizes will also be given out at the concert.
Tickets for the concert are $15 for adults and $10 for students and senior citizens.