CROP Walk is Sunday


ALAMOSA — La Puente is hosting their annual CROP Walk event this Sunday, April 22nd at 1 p.m. at Cole Park in Alamosa. This walk will be the kick off to their week-long community education series of events called “Hunger Education Week” April 22-27.

The CROP Walk is a multi-decade long partnership between La Puente and Church World Services (CWS).  CWS helps to provide food and water to those living in the developing world, as well as resources that empower people to meet their own needs. From seeds and tools, to wells and water systems, to technical training and micro-enterprise loans, the key is people working together to identify their own development priorities, their strengths.  This philosophy coincides with the work La Puente does right here in the San Luis Valley.

Proceeds will go to support both organizations missions. 75 percent of the proceeds will go to CWS to hunger-fighting development efforts throughout the world. The other 25 percent will go back to La Puente’s Food Bank Network of the San Luis Valley.

La Puente invites all individuals to come out, walk, and learn with the community as they stand in solidarity with those that are experiencing hunger and support efforts to fight hunger globally and locally. Registration begins at 1 p.m. and will run until 2 p.m. Everyone is also welcome to register prior to the event online at https://www.crophungerwalk.org/alamosaco . The event will also include education and discussion about hunger-related issues that occur not just in the San Luis Valley, but also throughout the world.  After the event, attendees are invited to stay for some live music by Tom Dessain and 40 Below and enjoy a potato and chili bar.

This is also a free, kid-friendly event, so there will be games and face painting!

Contact Christine Greve at (719)-580-3166 or email [email protected]

Advertisement

More In News