ALAMOSA ó As February gets underway, the Alamosa Senior Citizens have lotís to do!
Please join us for the following February activities:
* Dime Bingo, M-Th from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Free to members and $2 for non-members.
* Line Dancing taught by Karen Stills takes place each Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
* Strong Bones Exercise Class - M, W & F from 9-9:45 a.m. This program is geared specifically for women to help keep osteoporosis at bay.
* Bridge - Wednesdays @ 1:30 p.m.
* Dominoes - Fridays @ 12:30 p.m.
* Chair Yoga - Fridays @ 10 a.m.
* Each Wednesday beginning @ 10:30 a.m. Rick Wertz of Sunshine Acupuncture, will hold a Free 5 point ear acupuncture clinic for those 50 and over. This type of treatment has proven to be powerful in alleviating stress, sleep problems, and anxiety as well as promoting mental clarity, memory and energy.
* Friday, February 10th @ 1 p.m., Linda Falkenthal will continue to teach seniors about the use of computers. This includes the safe use of social media and ecommerce. This is a free drop in class, so feel free to come and join us! She will also be available each Friday from 11 a.m. Ė 12 p.m. for individual sessions. Please call the center to schedule if you are interested. The next available date is 2/24/17.
* We have put together a Valentine basket filled with $34 of fun goodies (wine included). We are selling 100 squares @ $1 apiece. Drop in and buy a square! The winner will be drawn on Monday, February 13th at 1 p.m.
* Tuesday, February 14th join us for a fun day trip to the Santa Claran Casino. The bus departs at 8 a.m. and returns around 4 p.m. Please call the center to reserve your seat! Cost for the trip is $25.
* Friday, February 17th at 1 p.m. Daniel Workman will conduct a gun safety class geared toward a concealed carry permit. This class is free for Alamosa Senior Citizenís members, $20 for seniors 65 and above and $40 for all others. Please call the center with questions.
* We provide free transportation (donations are always welcome!) M-F between 8:30 a.m. & 1 p.m. for seniors at least 60 years of age. Please phone in your reservations to the Center Office at least 24 hours in advance. For your convenience, you may schedule several trips at a time.
* The Alamosa Senior Pool players are replacing several pieces of equipment in the pool room, two tables, two sets of balls and five cues. If you would like to make a donation (equipment or monetary) please call the center. Thank you!
* Itís never too early to get your name on the list for the Branson Holiday Extravaganza the Seniors have lined up! We will depart the Center on November 11th and return on the 19th. Call for more details!
Please call 719-589-3277 for information regarding membership and/or programs. We are located at 92 Colorado Ave in Alamosa. Hours of operation are: M-Th 8 a.m.-3 p.m. & Fridays 8 a.m.-2 p.m. In case of inclement weather, please call the center for information regarding a late opening or closure of the facility.