The Alamosa Sr. Citizens would like to thank all of those who donated so generously in 2016. Donations of time, whether volunteering at fundraisers, shoveling snow and ice, washing coffee mugs, clearing out storage rooms, setting up decorations and so much more. Donation of items benefitting the center and monetary donations. We appreciate you more than mere words can express!
The seniors are excited to ring in 2017 with a continuation of standard activities and an offering of new ones.
Please join us for the following January activities:
* Dime Bingo, M-Th from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Free to members and $2 for non-members.
* Line Dancing taught by Karen Stills takes place each Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
* Strong Bones Exercise Class - M, W & F from 9-9:45 a.m. This program is geared specifically for women to help keep osteoporosis at bay.
* Bridge - Wednesdays @ 1:30 p.m.
* Dominoes - Fridays @ 12:30 p.m.
* Chair Yoga - Fridays @ 10 a.m.
* Tuesday, January 10th join us for a fun day trip to the Buffalo Thunder Casino located in Espanola. The bus departs at 8 a.m. and returns around 4 p.m. Please call the center to make your reservation. Cost for the trip is $25.
* Each Wednesday beginning January 11th at 10:30 a.m. Rick Wertz of Sunshine Acupuncture, will hold a free 5-point ear acupuncture clinic. This type of treatment has proven to be powerful in alleviating stress, sleep problems, and anxiety as well as promoting mental clarity, memory and energy.
* Thursday, January 12th at 11 a.m. the Alzheimer’s Care Giver Support Group meets. This group is for care givers, family or friends who deal with the daily challenges of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
* Friday, January 20th at 1 p.m., Linda Falkenthal will present “What Computers are Really All About”. For seniors by a senior.
* We provide free transportation M-F between 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. for seniors at least 60 years of age. Please phone in your reservations to the Center Office at least 24 hours in advance. For your convenience, you may schedule several trips at a time.
Please call 719-589-3277 for information. We are located at 92 Colorado Ave in Alamosa, CO. Hours of operation are: M-Th 8 a.m.-4 p.m. and Fridays 8 a.m.-2 p.m.